Pen Model: Esterbrook V-Clip
The V-Clip was Esterbrook’s first self-filling fountain pen, introduced in 1932 after decades as the world’s production leader in dip pens and nibs. It is identified by the steel v-shaped clip with the large open triangle. They were produced in marbled celluloid and in ebonite. Esterbrook soon realized that this clip design was a failure, and after only two years replaced the V-Clips in 1934 with the more familiar Dollar pen, with the two rounded holes in the clip. Today, V-Clips are rarely available in good condition, and the celluloid models are especially rare.