About This Model
Petersburg, Virginia was a center for fountain pen manufacturing in the 1920’s and 1930’s, all resulting from the early work by Edison Fountain Pen Company. It made a range of pens, some from parts they manufactured, but largely from jobbed parts from others. Edison was apparently successful enough to have been sued for patent infringement by Thomas Edison’s company, and it appears that their fortunes never really recovered, and they closed in 1935.
About This Pen
This pen is a gold-plated ladies ringtop, typical in size and length, with an ornate “fleur-de-lis”-ish pattern stamped into the metal. The metalwork is not the quality of a Wahl or Waterman’s, but it is an attractive pen nonetheless. Of course, one doesn’t buy little gold ringtops for their appearance, and this pen’s flex nib is a good one. It is a very nice almost full flex, and a responsive writer.
This pen is not for sale.