Parker’s history outside of the US is too deep and layered to adequately describe here, but its foothold in France started in the late 1920s when Parker opened licensing and selling operations soon after acquiring the German Osmia fountain pen company. Parker could not sell in France after the 1940 annexation by Nazi Germany, but sold pen parts to a French agent that were assembled in France as Plexors. After WWII, Parker returned with a uniquely French pen, La Plume, in 1947. La Plume was first issued as a Vacumatic filler, then a button filler, and finally with an Aerometric filler. The later Sonnets were given French names but were not French pens.